Ty Crwn Bach Idris
Ty Crwn Bach Idris (Idris’s little round house) is a cosy, gorgeous and very comfortable yurt with truly spectacular views which can easily accommodate four people. It has a super comfy double bed and a double sofa/futon.
The yurt is beautifully furnished with lovely linens, wall hangings, rugs and fairy lights creating a warm and magical space.
Ty Crwn Bach Idris is light and airy with a clear round glass opening window in the roof and a south facing stable door to help keep things cool on sunny days and hot summer nights. The floor and walls are insulated so it’s toasty even on the coldest of winter nights.
There is a brilliant little wood burning stove which heats up the space very quickly and is perfect for boiling the kettle for a warming cuppa or making a pan of tasty soup/stew. A basket of logs and some firelighters and kindling are provided. Further logs are available on request for £5 a basket. Firelighters and kindling are also available.
The covered and partially enclosed deck outside the yurt provides somewhere sheltered to sit and enjoy the BBQ or the fire pit, or swing gently in the hammock and hanging chairs. There are two comfortable adirondack chairs provided although there are grassy areas to lounge around on if you would prefer.
So hey….collect some wood from the forest and get the fire pit going….you are glamping after all!!!
All pots/pans, crockery and cutlery, mugs and glasses are provided. We simply ask that you wash them before you leave. Bedsheets, duvets and pillows are provided along with plenty of extra blankets but feel free to bring more with you.
The log cabin near the yurt contains a fully equipped kitchen (including gas cooker, electric fridge, toaster, sink with hot and cold water), dining area and shower room with power shower, flushing toilet and sink. The log cabin facilities are occasionally used by us and the guests staying in Ty Crwn Mawr (our other larger yurt) about 30m away but screened by trees/bushes and with its own seating area, fire pit etc. Exclusive rental of the whole venue is available.
In keeping with the ethos of our home, we have tried to use reclaimed/recycled/up cycled materials wherever possible.
There are standard 230v electrical sockets in the yurt and low energy lighting there and in the bathroom/kitchen which all run off renewable energy sources. So by staying in Ty Crwn Mawr you will be doing your bit to reduce pollution and carbon emissions.
If you need assistance with anything just ask. We are here to help and glad to do so. 🙂
You can check availability and book online via our AirBnB listing.
Guest Reviews and Comments
Our stay was perfectly timed for a nice warm Easter weekend. We were greeted by Shayne who was very attentive and made us feel at home. The yurt is lovely, just exactly what you expect, with nice views. What we really enjoyed was the birdsong, a range of finches but also woodpeckers, cuckoo and even a sighting of a sparrowhawk. There are some resident Pheasant families that will keep you amused for hours. Considering this is off grid it didn't feel like it in that electricity and wifi were good, the kitchen facilities spotless and... read more 22 Apr 2019
Absolutely fantastic stay! Not only was it a beautiful location but the hospitality during our time there made us wish we could have stayed longer! Hosts welcomed our dog, who thoroughly enjoyed interacting with the other pets and wildlife. They were very accommodating of this and ensuring we had everything we required. Yurt itself and decor created a peaceful ambience and we were supplied with enough wood to keep the fire going! Would definitely recommend a stay here with themes superb hosts 11 Apr 2019
We had a wonderful weekend away is this fabulous yurt. The location is perfect and simply peaceful. Nathan was a brilliant host. Excellent communication and the yurt was exactly as advertised. The log fire ensured we were cosy at night. Sitting out on the deck in the evening is just tranquil; the stars are so bright. We did lots of walking around the local area. Thanks for the tips and the use of your map. We will certainly recommend to friends and will be back ourselves sometime soon. Thanks for a fabulous weekend break. Love from Lisa, Tom & Maisy... read more 14 Apr 2019
Highly recommended location for a true peaceful ‘off the grid’ experience. Mother Earth is respected here. Nathan and Shayne are exceptionally welcoming and available with lots of local knowledge. The Yurts are exactly what you see in the photos. On site car parking. The kitchen and bathroom are fully equipped. Tilly and Ruby (host dogs) are very friendly and playful. We were very fortunate to have had truly stunning warm weather for February which provided fantastic sun rise and sun sets... we made use of the hammock on the decking and enjoyed breakfast in the morning sun. A very... read more 26 Feb 2019
Exceeded all expectations, we thoroughly enjoyed every bit of our stay - even despite there being a storm. The yurt was so lovely, cosy and super clean - the stove heats it up really well and we stayed warm and snug all night long. The kitchen and bathroom also really clean, great hot shower and everything was provided that you’d need for an enjoyable break away in the countryside. We were just gutted the weather was rubbish and we didn’t get to enjoy the hammocks and outdoor fire pit - we’ll have to come back!! Not that we needed an... read more 03 Mar 2019
Thank you for our fantastic "yurting" experience off grid. It was our first time in a yurt and it exceeded our expectations. Set in a fantastic location all the facilities were clean warm and beautifully decorated and the yurt was cosy. We enjoyed local country walks and the tranquillity. 12 Mar 2019
We had a lovely time here. Shayne & Nathan are lovely and helpful hosts with clear knowledge on the local area with lots of suggestions of what you can do in the area. We loved the suggested walk we went on and we visited a local waterfall as suggested which was beautiful. All in all, we had a great experience here and have already recommend the place to put friends and family. Thank you for having us 🙂 15 Feb 2019
Beautiful welsh scenery and surrounded by wildlife. Warm and good size Yurt - get the log fire going and you’ll be really toasty.Nathan and Shayne know the area well and recommended some great walks for dogs. You feel at peace sitting out on the veranda early morning with a cup of coffee listening to the flowing water and birds chirping away.Me and my wife stayed here for our first wedding Ann and our only regret is not staying long enough.We’ll be back eventually.Thank you Nathan & Shayne 25 Mar 2019
The location is unreal, great views when and close to all the areas we wanted to see. The bed was comfy and cosy and the yurt also had enough room inside to socialise and chill. Modern shower, toilet and sink in the bathroom. Hosts were friendly and answered any questions we had quickly. Would love to come back in the summer to enjoy again x 10 Feb 2019
- The yurt is set well apart from the main house. The log cabin kitchen/dining room and bathroom is close by.
- You will have your privacy but we are only too happy to chat, help, spend time, advise on places to go, things to do, where to walk etc. Apparently we are very approachable!
- Parking is right by the yurt.
- If you would like to try your hand at chopping your own wood or joining in whilst we work on the vegetable garden you will be most welcome.
- Feel free to play guitars, drums, or to sing your heart out if you are musically inclined.
- You are welcome to use the garden, sit by the pond and generally make yourselves at home.
- Enjoy the space and the feeling of freedom.
Interaction with guests
We are available to recommend walks, mountain bike rides, places to eat, local entertainment nearby…or just for a friendly chat!
If you are celebrating a special occasion then we may be able to help with some great food and a bottle of something suitable, ambient music etc. We will need a bit of notice to sort that out, but we want your stay here to be memorable and enjoyable so we will do what we can to help make that happen for you.
Other things to note
- On the North Berwyn Way walking route.. Here’s a link to one of many websites: www.deevalleywalks.co.uk
- We have a fresh spring water supply, delicious clean vibrant water.
- Electricity produced on site from renewable energy sources – 230v in the yurt and cabin
- Sustainable wood powered heating
- Hot showers
- WiFi available
- Two toilets: One flushing macerator toilet in the log cabin and one separating compost toilet….gentlemen…please sit down to pee!!
- Towels are provided.
- Washing up liquid, tea towels, dish cloths are provided.
- Bed linen and duvets are supplied for all beds.
- Eggs from the free range chickens are available when they are laying and we haven’t already eaten them! Sorry if you are vegan but we love our chooks and they have a great life…as you will see!
- Do bring your own torches/lamps for use outside the yurt and matches/lighter to light the stove/bbq/fire pit/gas hob. You will need to supply your own charcoal for the BBQ or if you request it in advance we should be able to arrange that for you.
- There are low energy lights in the yurt and the kitchen/toilet and 230v power socket for phones or computers in the yurt and in the cabin.
- Internet/WiFi can be provided if required but due to our very rural location the internet can sometimes be a bit temperamental!
- Pets are welcome by prior agreement – Must be fully house trained – Extra £5/night/pet.
Ty Crwn Mawr Photo Gallery
Click on a photo to view full screen.