Ty Crwn Mawr – Authentic Mongolian Ger (Yurt)
Ty Crwn Mawr (Large Round House) is a spacious, cosy and very comfortable authentic Mongolian Ger (better known as a yurt) with amazing views which can easily and very comfortably accommodate up to eight guests. It has a super comfy king size bed and six single foldable futon beds that turn into seats.
Fully insulated with thick wool felt and heated with a brilliant wood burning stove, it is beautifully furnished with lovely linens, wall hangings, rugs and fairy lights creating a warm and magical space.
The yurt is light and airy with a clear round window in the roof and a north facing door to help keep things cool on sunny days and hot summer nights. The floor and walls are well insulated, so it’s toasty even on the coldest of winter nights.
A basket of logs and some firelighters and kindling are provided. Further logs are available on request for £5 a basket. Firelighters and kindling are also available.
There is a secluded seating area and fire pit/BBQ to the south of the yurt with plenty of chairs and benches.
Right next to the yurt is a small wooden shed with kitchen area including a gas stove and sink, compost toilet and hot shower cubicle.
All pots/pans, crockery and cutlery, mugs and glasses are provided. We simply ask that you wash them before you leave. Bedsheets, duvets and pillows are provided along with plenty of extra blankets but feel free to bring more with you.
The log cabin near the yurt contains a fully equipped kitchen (including gas cooker, electric fridge, toaster, sink with hot and cold water), dining area and shower room with power shower, flushing toilet and sink.
In keeping with the ethos of our home, we have tried to use reclaimed/recycled/up cycled materials wherever possible.
There are standard 230v electrical sockets in the yurt and low energy lighting there and in the bathroom/kitchen which all run off renewable energy sources. So by staying in Ty Crwn Mawr you will be doing your bit to reduce pollution and carbon emissions.
If you need assistance with anything just ask. We are here to help and glad to do so. 🙂
You can book just the yurt on its’ own at greenerglamping.uk
Guest reviews and comments
- The yurt is set well apart from the main house. The log cabin kitchen/dining room and bathroom are about 30 meters away.
- You will have your privacy but we are only too happy to chat, help, spend time, advise on places to go, things to do, where to walk etc. Apparently we are very approachable!
- If you would like to try your hand at chopping your own wood or joining in whilst we work on the vegetable garden you will be most welcome.
- Feel free to play guitars, drums, or to sing your heart out if you are musically inclined.
- You are welcome to use the garden, sit by the pond and generally make yourselves at home.
- Enjoy the space and the feeling of freedom.
Interaction with guests
We are available to recommend walks, mountain bike rides, places to eat, local entertainment nearby…or just for a friendly chat!
If you are celebrating a special occasion then we may be able to help with some great food and a bottle of something suitable, ambient music etc. We will need a bit of notice to sort that out, but we want your stay here to be memorable and enjoyable so we will do what we can to help make that happen for you.
Other things to note
- On the North Berwyn Way walking route. Here’s a link to one of many websites: www.deevalleywalks.co.uk
- We have a fresh spring water supply, delicious clean vibrant water.
- Electricity produced on site from renewable energy sources – 230v in the yurt and cabin
- Sustainable wood powered heating
- Hot showers
- WiFi available
- Two toilets: One flushing macerator toilet in the log cabin and one separating compost toilet….gentlemen…please sit down to pee!!
- Washing up liquid, tea towels, dish cloths are provided.
- Bed linen and duvets are supplied for all beds.
- Eggs from the free range chickens are available when they are laying and we haven’t already eaten them! Sorry if you are vegan but we love our chooks and they have a great life…as you will see!
- Do bring your own torches/lamps for use outside the yurt and matches/lighter to light the stove/bbq/fire pit/gas hob. You will need to supply your own charcoal for the BBQ or if you request it in advance we should be able to arrange that for you.
- There are low energy lights in the yurt and the kitchen/toilet and 230v power socket for phones or computers in the yurt and in the cabin.
- Internet/WiFi can be provided if required but due to our very rural location the internet can sometimes be a bit temperamental!
- Pets are welcome by prior agreement – Must be fully house trained – Extra £5/night/pet.
Ty Crwn Mawr Photo Gallery
Click on a photo to view full screen.